Saturday, May 10, 2014

Free Day 1

Today wasn’t very eventful. We started off a little late at around noon and planned to go to Valparaiso for the day but we all decided that it was too far and we were all tired. So we just went and walked around. We went to the mall first to eat, I had a completo. It’s like a hotdog with everything on it. I got guacamole, mayo, and queso. It really wasn’t as good as I thought it’d be – so I fed the ¼ that I didn’t eat to stray dogs. After that, we went back to the hotel quickly to regroup since we were all so tired and sore from horseback riding. We then just walked to the beach and shopped for souvenirs. There was a lot of cute homemade stuff that the vendors were selling. I really didn’t buy anything because I could not find something that I really wanted to get. A bunch of other people got stuff though, like alpaca socks (to match the alpaca sweaters) and jewelry, and mugs.


We then walked around Viña del Mar for a little bit and made our way back to the mall. This time we shopped around a bit. None of us found anything that we wanted, there was a lot of expensive stores which I didn’t expect. For example, there was a Polo Ralph Lauren Store, Lacoste, and others which I didn’t expect to find in Chile. Alright, well it’s nap time, hopefully tomorrow will be more exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment