Friday, May 9, 2014

The most beautiful day

Where do I even begin about today? Well we got to sleep in a bit and woke up at 9, and then made our way to go horseback riding with Javier, Paula and Andres. We all took our Versache nap (the name of the bus company that we always ride) and then we finally arrived at this quaint little house. The backyard was filled with animals, everything from new born puppies, to kittens, to chickens, to (obviously horses). There was this one kitten who was so playful and always jumped on your shoulders and rested on your head. It was the most adorable thing ever. There were so many animals that were all so friendly it was fun to play with all of them and not be scared how they will react, like strays.

We finally went horseback riding then, I got a cute little white horse which didn’t listen very well but we got along. We went all through the forest, amazing sand dunes, and of course the beaches. It was one of the most beautiful sites that I have ever seen. At one point in the sand dunes you could see over all of ViƱa del Mar. Everything from the mountains, the beaches to all of the sand dunes. I couldn’t believe how amazing this trip was. It was my favorite day so far, I am so happy that Jo and Dianne took us on that trip. Towards the end of the trip we did one final walk on the beach and this is where everyone could fully gallop with their horses. Throughout the entire trip we could periodically gallop but for this, we could gallop the entire beach. IT WAS AWESOME! I am so sore because of it but it was so worth it. My horse went to fast and I felt so free. It was honestly just amazing.

After the trip, we had a BBQ at the house that took us horseback riding. There was a sort of Chilean hotdog, pork, beef, potato salad, rice, salad, and tomato salad. Naturally, I ate all of it. Olivia and I would get extra food and feed it to the animals. It was so cute they were all surrounding us. We stayed a while after and roasted marshmallows and put them in cookies, unlike the typical US smore. We played with the animals until it was time to leave. Now I’m going to take a nap and then we’re hanging out with the Chilean students tonight! I have a free day tomorrow so I’ll let you know what I do tomorrow then!









No comments:

Post a Comment