Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hola Chile!


After a long ten hour flight, we finally arrived in Chile!  The plane ride wasn’t bad at all, we were served dinner and breakfast (since it was an overnight flight). I slept almost the entire time luckily. We landed in Santiago, which is about an hour and a half bus ride to Viña del Mar. Right after landing, naturally the whole Plus 3 group took a Chile selfie:). Once on the bus, after finally reaching our destination there was a breath taking view over all of Viña del Mar, no picture could capture its beauty.

Once we were all settled in, a few girls and I went for a walk around Viña del Mar and went to the beach. It is gorgeous, the water is still cold but of course we still dipped our feet in. We went to the local market just to get some water and change for the buses tomorrow, our Spanish is so terrible we had to get a dictionary out to determine which water we needed. It was actually pretty comical.

We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner, it was called Margarita. I had my first Chimichanga, let’s just say I was not disappointed. I am definitely going to be getting one again in the future. After dinner, a bunch of people and I went for a walk on the beach. We walked on this boardwalk of sorts which overlooked the ocean and basically all of Viña del Mar. It is absolutely beautiful here. There were stray dogs EVERYWHERE. One time we counted and there were like ten following us because we bought churros, which again is a food I first tried here and was delicious. I am excited to see the University tomorrow! I need to get a good night’s sleep and make sure I am prepared for my group’s presentation of Hela Tools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment